Monday, March 10, 2008

Kids are always growing, and it’s a good thing, because otherwise relatives would have nothing to talk about when they got together. Sometimes I’m surprised by something my son does, and I wonder why I never heard about it before becoming a parent. For example, I didn’t know that kids eventually outgrew sleep. I would think that’s something I remember from my own childhood, but I don’t.

Yes, Sam recently decided not to sleep anymore. I’m not saying he won’t take a nap in the afternoon, or goes to bed late, or gets up a few times during the night. I mean he literally does everything in his power not to sleep at all. He’s done that 3 nights in the past week, and he just screams and screams for his mom whenever we try to get him to go to bed. It got to the point where last night he was falling asleep on the couch while in the middle of chewing a sandwich. So we put him to bed in his room. Then, an hour later, his supernatural kid sense activated and woke him up the precise moment we lay down and switched off the light in our own bedroom. Yes, I am constantly amazed at what kids can do.

3 comments:

The Kyles said...

I outgrew sleep too, I only need about ten minutes every 2 days or so. It's great being an adult!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

A Bunch of Roaches said...

Have you tried melatonin. It's in the vitamin aisle and works great...I have the same problem with my kids.